how long did it take for your kid to learn how to write there name & how long is there name?

First name only.

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Jackson
    Wrote his full name in preschool and numbers to 100 plus upper case alphabet. This by the end of pre-K
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Dd has a 3 letter name and its easy so she was writting it at 3. DS's name is 4 letters and he was 4
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My was writing is name at 3 years old. It took a couple of weeks and he had it down. His name has 6 letters in it.

It is their, not there. Lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my daughter has a 5 letter name and once we started working on it (age 4) she got it in about a week
    RosaMae

Answer by RosaMae at 10:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• by time they were 3 1/2-4..i think only bcause my kids all attended special school for kids with disability..so they had 1 on 1 attn...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Spelling or writing? Keep in mind that writing is a physical development milestone. many kids lack the hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills to actually write until they are school age irregardless of how long their name is. Spelling their name? You can help them learn it by make it a song or a game.

My two both have 5 letter names. They learned to spell them fairly young and the process was aided by making a song out of it. I think I have my DD on video spelling it for us around or just before her 2nd birthday. Writing it? She was 3. It was big oversized capital letters. DS was about the same.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• DS is 2.5, his name is Ian - he can spell it, and we have just started working on writing it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• DD IS THREE HER NAME IS ELIZABETH BUT SHE WRITES LIZZIE IT TOOK ME FIVE MINUTES TO SHOW HER HOW TO WRITE IT AND NOW SHE DOES IT BY HERSELF .....NOW WERE WORKING ON HER ACTUAL NAME !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2010