Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a horrible step mom

My husband has a now 5yr old with an ex gf of his last time we saw him was over a yr ago in court for child support he lives almost 300 miles away, and the last time before that was another yr. His mother makes it very difficult for us and she hates the fact that im around him and after going to court she disconnected her numbers her relatives also and she moved so we have no way of contact. And i feel horrible because i really dont know much about him and my husband doesnt either. Last time we saw him he still wasnt talking, its like im not there for him and i feel bad. Is there anything i can do

Answer Question

Asked by Snavarro08 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 11 (594 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Thats such a terrible situation! I hate when a mother tries to keep a child away from their dad just out of spite. But you shouldn't feel bad at all! actually you deserve a pat on the back for caring about the child in that way. :) Have you guys tried going through the court to get rights?

    Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • we have but since he was young at the time out attorney said the judge will see that hes better off with his mother. My husband contacted they attorney general to let them know she hasnt made any contact or effort to let us know anything about his well being. july 09 was the court date and amonth later my husband called her to ask if she was gonna send him to school if so which 1 and a copy of school list so we could buy supplies. she said yes than said no than said she dont know because she might move so my husband told her ok just let me know because she has said before she was sending him and never did she just said so my husband could send more money which she said she used to make a car payment and other half for diapers for he other she started to tell my husband to forget it and not to bother and after that she hung up and my husband called back tospeak to his son but she hung up again and sent a txt saying to

    Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • This woman is going to have to answer to her child and this is little comfort for either of you right now but she will be the one who pays in the end.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • stop harrasing her than we got a phone call from the police in her city my husband explained situation and he got info for my husband like wat school and everything but the nxt day her number wasn't working at that was the last we heard from her and him. I really hate her she has kids 3 different dad's married a guy who get ss checks lives off housing uses having kids to care for for not working and only got my husband for child support and even expected at the child support hearing for alil more money because she has 4 kids but they explained to her my husband is only resposible for his son.

    Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • isn't there any kind of custody or visitation plan in place? if she filed for child support he should most definitely file for custody/visitation. it can be documented that you have requested to know the whereabouts of the child, and contact information, etc. that way when she disconnects a number, she can be held in contempt. judges will not look at her so fondly once she's been in contempt a few times.

    Answer by travzmom at 10:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • yes with the child support we have the visitation order as well she has violated it

    Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.