My daughter won't stop biting.......

Mainly when she doesn't get her way with her brother.....he is 6 she is 2....if he has a toy or a drink she wants then her way of retalliation is to bite....she sometimes bites her friends....mostly her brother though. I've tried time out and that does no good she does it ten minutes later...

3angels23

Asked by 3angels23 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son did this at 2 he didnt have sibling but he bit cousins and friends hard like he left bruises and every tooth mark it was so embarrasing i tried everything even dare i say on here w o getting yelled at biting him....but not hard or anything just the motions of biting him so he could feel the embarrassment he caused other people...he thought it was funny turns out he likes being bit, and he even tried to get the dog to which he wouldnt....anyway nothing worked, a few months later it stopped he has not bite anyone since and is 3 and a half now i wish i could i found a solution but i didnt.
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• As bad as it sounds, bit her back. Not too hard, of course. That worked for my daughter. She needs to know how if feels when she does it to someone else. Hope this helps.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 10:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am not making a dyanois but my son had a problem with biting everyone and everything come to find out he has sensory processing disorder. A part of his brain can not process the 5 sences so his way to express anger was to bite because his mouth is the most sensitive. He can hit or fall and not feel it unless it is very severe then it is just like a pinch. We got him a "bite P" it is a rubber like materal in the shap of a P. It can not be bite in to pieaces or broken. He wheres it around his neck so he can get the sentaion he likes from biting with out hurting anybody. Your doctor should be able to get it for you.
    mom2b4u

Answer by mom2b4u at 10:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ouch
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If time outs are not working try putting her in her room for a couple of minutes and just keep reminding her that it is not okay for her to do that. If she is biting here friends as well if you are not already doing it pull her out of the situation and put her in time out right there. If she is doing it at a playdate or out somewhere you may let her know that if the behavior continues that you are going to leave. It is probably a phase that she will grow out of. Good luck to you.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My mom used hot sauce. I hated it.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• bite her back to let her know it hurts and that's not nice
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010