My 3 year old is regresing in his potty training what is the best way to deal with this?

My 3 year old just started school and was totally pottytrained and now he pees and poos his paints when he is at home. Nothing else at home has changed. We talked to his counslor and she said to try jellybeans and when he goes to the bathroom give him one jellybean. Any thoughts why this is happing or what to do?

mom2b4u

Asked by mom2b4u at 10:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• idk..try talking to pedi..m/b they have a specialist that can help u..could be sensory issues..GL
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• he has sensory processing disorder and ADHD we go to pedi tomorrow I will check
    mom2b4u

Comment by mom2b4u (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My daughter also regressed severely when starting preschool. Its not so much what has changed at home, but maybe the routine. Before, he didnt have to go to school, now he does.. any small change can drastically regress many behaviors. Still encourage the potty when at home, maybe try starting a potty schedule, this will help him realize, okay time to go... My daughter also has SPD, and the new schedule can simply be an overstimulant..
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 10:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2010