Why cant I just stick to a diet?

babybutastink

Asked by babybutastink at 10:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Health

• Don't diet! Change your eating lifestyle! Cut out soda or fast food first. Go for a week than add something else to your no list. You can also do a carb free week, personally I can't go longer than a week with out pasta! lol Step up your work out routine and after a 20 or 30 minute work out that gets your heart pumping have a light, healthy snack with in a half hour to help boost your metabolism. And have a cheat day once or 2x a month because if you don't you'll go insane! Good luck!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 10:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• me either... I eat when I'm bored....I'm really trying to make healthy meal choices and make sure I get some exercise each day
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It takes alot of will power and you have to want to change. Im currently on WW and it seems like its getting harder by the day. Im doing a pretty bad job of snacking less, but Im trying! Lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• & Like Donna said, it really is a lifestyle change. You have to get used to making healthy food choices, and also pay attention to portion sizes. Exercising is always a plus.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Diets do not work. They are not practical and they cause an unhealthy obsession on "what you can or can't have". Throw away your scales. Focus on life and health, not weight. All it takes is a few things, eat a little less, move a little more and drink alot of fluids. Constantly peering at the scale is depressing and underminds what you need to succeed which is the right attitude and motivation. Hugs !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010