How to deal with in-laws & husband taht blame everything on someone else?

I have been put on bedrest for the past 2 months and have AT LEAST 1 month to go.. I have a 2 year old (that isn't my husbands biological child) .My husband isnt a morning person by any means and I hate the fact that when she wakes up she has to wait for him to do anything so I get up to do it , his parents live less that 5 min away,the 1st time i stayed at our house i asked her if she could come over to help with my daughter, she said yes. my husband has to be at work at 5 she got off at 6.. she called me at 730 said she was in town, going home to change, shower, and relax for a while did i want her to come over after? No my daughter would be asleep by then.. it made me mad that she offered to help but wasnt too worried about it. now she just says call if ya need us. but they all jump on me because i "dont do what im supposed to". they dont see that they arent helping like they should, and i HAVE to take care of my daughter

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be straight forward....Tell them exactly what you need and when, also inform them that if they can't or won't help you, then you will HAVE to continue to take care of your daughter whom is your first responsibility...
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Have you tried being really specific about what time, what you need help with exactly? Might work?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There are alot of questions about in laws tonight lol I hate my fiances mom...Just be straight about everything an hope for the best.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It sounds like they don't know what the meaning of bed rest means. It sounds like your MIL thinks you can still do things while you are supposed to be doing almost nothing. Try explaining to her why you need the help. If that doesn't work, do you have a friend that could come by?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2010