??????

it feels like my baby is hitting her head against the bottom of my belly..its kinda like a big hard pulse...what could it be

and there is alot of pressure down there too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• guess you didn't like my answer before... :(

I still say the pulsing is hiccups though
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• it wasnt that i wanted to add more to it sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• k :)

as for the pressure, how far along are you?
    my first son I swear was trying to stretch out as far as he could. my second liked to kick and press on my bladder & cervix.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i am 39 weeks and 1 day..2cm dilated
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i'd definitely say hiccups, especially if its rhythmic
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well, how far along are you??? It could be that you baby IS hitting her head against the bottom of your belly! The pulsing feeling that you are experiencing is either her heartrate from being active, or she is hiccuping, burping, passing gas, swishing (when the swin across your belly), I mean it can be a number of movements. Movements DO cause pains especially the further along you get. Wait until it's a foot under the ribs kicking out. I mean if it's just one sudden pulse, then it's probably your little one kicking you, hitting you, swatting, swishing, bopping, MOVING.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• ah! :) that explains it :)

baby is just working into the birth canal. baby's head is on the cervix to stimulate dilation. if you wanna speed things up, go with walking as much as you can. my favorite was going shopping :) there are things to keep you distracted but it's a lot of walking, and you get new baby things LOL

I got to 4 cm before having any real contractions
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I agree with "flutterfae" because it sounds like that baby is trying to work it's way down. Have lots of sex. You are far enough along to have that baby, and semen causes contractions...plus all of the motion, etc. It worked for us!
    sahmofchloe

Answer by sahmofchloe at 2:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2008