hurt

I am overdue n havin bad pains in my stomach and back and legs I went to the doc and they said nothing but they don't go away I've been havin them for 24hrs now I don't understand wats wrong with me?

the_warrixs1223

Asked by the_warrixs1223 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my non-medical experience makes me want to say that it's the beginnings of labor and baby is facing "sunny side up" instead of face towards your back. the back of the head on the tail bone cause the back pain and pain down the legs.

I'd go to Labor and Delivery and get checked with the monitors.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I would agree, here's 2 suggestions.
    #1 get on your hands and knees like a dog, lean your head forward so you are resting on your forearms with your head tucked down. Now, shake that money maker baby (slowly) moving side to side. Help encourage baby to turn.
    #2 Get in the bath (or wherever you notice baby the most active) when baby gets active start to massage your baby. Place one hand on each side of your baby (along your sides) if baby is the wrong way move your hands (cradling baby between them) from right to left or left to right whichever is more comfortable to you. This will encourage baby to turn. After you think you may have turned baby, go lay down, so that baby can't flip again as easily.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Ok me again well the pain is so bad I can't eat can't sleep some1 told me to walk but I can't do that either my legs want to buckle and they are starting to hurt worse but doc said he not ready
    the_warrixs1223

Answer by the_warrixs1223 at 3:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• The last few days of pregnancy are very uncomfortable (especially if you are overdue). If you feel that the doctor isn't giving you the time of day- force yourself into an appintment. Call up and be really vague about symptoms and sound scared (it sounds chincy, but hey- it might work). Just know that when you get to the doctor they may give you a quick check and then send you home.
    don't feel guilty about doing this. You have been pregnant for over 40 weeks. you deserve to have some peace of mind from a medical professional.
    When I was giving birth, i pretty much had to demand that the dr. check me (i went from 2cm to 10cm in 5 minutes... they thought there was no way this was going to happen and were about to leave the room for a few hours so i could 'get some rest.')
    Although you may not know exactly whats going on in your body- you do know what may be happening... and you deserve to see the doc if you want to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• So this is your first baby right? Are you sure about your due date, they are miscalculated regularly. It's also VERY normal for you to go 1 - 2 weeks over with your first. I know that this doesn't make it any better, but it's the way it is. So did you go and see the Dr. and they sent you home? Pain is normal in labor, but more normal is a pressure sensation, if your legs are feeling like that you should try even more to walk (with support of hubby), walking can help get those icky feelings out. Try taking a bath in (pretty warm) water, with some Epsom salts, or some sports salts. Have you been getting enough calcium and magnesium? How dialated are you, efaced, stage?

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 11:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2008