How to communicate with your in laws without hurting their feelings?

Is there a way to tell your mother in law that she needs to stop being in your business ALL the time and to tell your father in law that he needs to stop being a smartass all the time?
I dont have anything that is btw my husband and myself, his mom is always in our business(which is his fault also) and my father in law is rude all the time and tries to out do my parents in everything especially my little girl.. my parents have been there for her from day one and they just came into the pic a little over a year ago (i didnt take her to meet family until we got serious) and he is always saying things such as "ask pawpaw if he can beat that" really? and my husband always tells me to look over it. thats how they are and now we are having problems because he thinks i hate his parents ( i dont but i cant tell them to chill on the ridiculous stuff and to stay out of our business) help!

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I started telling my MIL,"If you'll forgive me for not answering, I'll forgive you for asking." After telling her this to any personal questions or inappropriate quesstions for a few weeks she finally caught on and gave up.

dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 10:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i have no idea in same situation when we needed help my family was always willing to help even financially his mother would but would charge interest she even charged for watching our son. Now that we are better off she wants to be telling me how to raise our son, wat to eat and when we 'disobey' she wont talkt to us and at some point ignores our son.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't mind hurting their feelings
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Like Jessemama said I don't mind hurt there feeling because they have hurt mind so many times,

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010