how can u not know..its your house..

ok when i see ppl on tv they all ways say my child isnt a criminal..i dont raise criminals..
but seriously who does really raise criminals..
i know there are ppl who do but come on..how do u not know that your child is doing these things in your house..u never go in his room to see the drugs,the guns..
im not sayin i know every detail of my child life but any room in my house is open to my prying eyes..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• its called denial, my step daughter just moved in w/us, looks lika a perfect angel but isnt, ud be shocked at the things she has done, i tell hubby but hes like no she dnt do that, it doesnt involve guns but drugs, yes, she is 15 omg i see it he sees it, but refusses to believe it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• They have free will, I guess and after they hit a certain age, can hide a lot. Dateline NBC had a show about teens (secretly videotaped) who would text while driving after being told many times not to, teens getting into cars with those who had been drinking (same thing, the parents had given them other options and told them never to do this).
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• those away from home u cant control..but in your house come on..u dont see the drugs an guns at all..i tell my kids that no room is off limit in my house..they get on tv an act like they didnt know the kid had guns under the matress..im the cleaner in my house so cleans every part of my house..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010