Enter a Date...

I am curious to know..How many of you keep a personal journal and you are past the age of 18? I have contemplated starting a new one and I am 26. I have some stress abd depression issues but, I am not in a situation for much privacy where I currently live...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have journaled ever since I was a kid but got out of the habit from about 16-21.
    I do continue to journal and have all my journals from the past stored in the office closet. I understand your concerns about privacy. I had one incident where my grandmother picked my journal up. I don't generally worry about it though. I keep my journals put up. The one I am currently writing in stays in my laptop bag or in my purse. The others are out of sight and out of curious minds.
    I'm currently 25 and I feel like my journal is the one place I can write what I feel, even if what I feel is wrong or selfish, and not have to worry about being wrong or selfish. It's a place for my personal thoughts and feelings. I am intensely personal and private, but the journal gives me a way to talk about what I'm feeling without actually talking about it. It's very theraputic for me.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 10:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have been keeping a journal quite regularly since I was 15 years old - 35 years ago. I'm on volume 52, I think. I don't write every day like I did when I was young but I do at least once or twice a week. I love to go back and re-read some days, transports me right back to the time and place.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes I do. I have kept one on and off since 2000. I started back up when I started seeking therapy for my depression to give me an idea if the medication is working and how my moods are.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I do. I couldn't live without it. I'm in my mid-40's and have been writing in one all my life. I probably have half a dozen lying around here somewhere. Some are full, but there are two that I'm currently using. One is my "complaining" journal. (That's what I call it anyway.) And the other is for answered prayers, positive things I've noticed about the kids, spiritual growth (in myself or the kids), goals, good days, things I've learned, things of that nature.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have never been able to keep a journal. What I do is jot important notes or events on my calendar and I keep all my calendars. I know, seems lame, but I can go back and see how much snowfall we had last winter, how many days my daughters were out of school, when we had doc appointments and what they were for, when we have transferred to places while we were in the military, when certain loved ones died, when each person was sick and their symptoms, just things like that.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I still have mine. and I think especially when you're stressed or anxious writing your feelings down is a great way to get it out. Then you can always go back and see what you've written later.
    hlevesque1976

Answer by hlevesque1976 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I never had one, even as a child.. I had a diary but I only wrote 6-7 times between the ages of 12 and 16. I am a pretty open person, I didn't need a diary. I always prefered talking lol!! not really talking, more like rumbling :P
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 10:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thats how I am and I did the diary when I was small. However, sometimes I have mind secrets I just dont want others to know..Like, things that occured in my day, moods, etc. :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I haven't written in my journal since I was 18. I kind of miss it though. Maybe I'll start up again. My journal was my bestfriend.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Not since I was 12.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010