How to figure out what hair cut to get?

i have not had my hair cut in a salon in 12 years. i've just had who ever was willing to cut it do it most of the time. now as a full time student getting ready to start part time student teaching with three children I want short hair. I have hair that goes to about my shoulders now (i cut off 12 inches 5 months ago to donate) but I want something that is wash and wear and i have never had that. I have thick hair that has a wave to it and is prone to friz. How do I figure out how to get it cut? Any suggestions?

RosaMae

Asked by RosaMae at 10:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• www.taaz.com It's a free online makeover site, you upload your own pic and then try on different hair styles, you can even play with makeup. Or you can talk to the stylist. My hair is fairly thick but basically straight. I wanted something wash and wear and what I got was an overall chin length cut with LOTS of layers and razor cut, that was it is choppy and doesn't have to be styled. It is basically no maintenance. I am thinking of chopping it off though and going Jamie Lee Curtis short but can't decide if I"m too young (27) to do that without looking...for lack of a better term "butch" ya know?
    Good luck.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• your stylist should be your best friend here. They will know the best cut for your face shape, hair type, and needs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Taaz.com is awesome.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2010