How do you stay motivated?

I am Queen of the Half Finished Project. Usually my procrastinating takes more time and effort than the thing itself...

BluDog

Asked by BluDog at 10:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I can sympathize with you! I have a box full of lovely cross-stitch pictures that I never framed and material and patterns that never made it into clothes. Sorry I can't help with any suggestions but I do share your pain!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have a tendency to have a lot of projects going at once. I try to keep them to separate areas so some does get done. I work on binding quilts in the kitchen or in the family room. Working on quilts in my studio. Te-mari balls are done in the bedroom or on the couch.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I try not to get out more than I can put back in 15 minutes or so-
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have to push myself. I do not have natural motivation. I have to push myself to complete anything, even housework.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I can't stand unfinished projects. I just keep at it until it's done.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 4:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I am right there with you. I have a whole room full of half finished projects and ideas for new projects. I haven't crafted in nearly 2 years, except for some quickie candle holders I did for Xmas gifts last year. I miss it so much, but when I have a little time to spend crafting, I am so overwhelmed I have no clue where to start. So I usually sit on the internet instead.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sometimes when things sit unfinished too long, I break up the project into little bits/steps - so I can finish the little bit and feel good about that. As each step gets done, it takes me closer to being done with the whole thing. If you have a lot of unfinished projects, maybe starting with the easiest, or the most complete will work; or maybe there is a particular use for one that will help motivate you. I had a skirt I was pushing aside for a couple of years, until I found a beautiful sweater set that matched perfectly. Having an excuse to buy the sweaters motivated me to finish the skirt. ;-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my dh complaining that he sticks himself with pins every time he mvoes my projects lol
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010