Do you have a french bulldog?

I think after my youngest turns one that we can get a dog for our little boys to grow up with. My husband likes pits and bulldogs. I was looking them up.. I said I would consider a french bulldog. Has anyone had a french bulldog? How did they act with your kids or just kids in general? Any feedback would be greatly appreciate! Thanks =]

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pets

• We had one when I was growing up and now my neighbors have one and it's the same. I would not recommend it!!

First of all, the gas. Gog that dog can fart!! Sorry, but it's true. You're going to hate that smell in the house and it's all the time!! When they are puppies it's like 8-10 times a day and when they're older it's 3-5 times a day.

And they get pretty jealous around kids. They are not dangerous, they just cry a lot when they see you holding a baby in your arms.

BUT they are really inteligent and they listen. The one we had even new how to wipe her on the mat feet before getting in the house!!

mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• staffordshire bull terriers (pit bulls) and american staffordshire terriers are great family dogs. all that crap you hear on the news about them being "viscious" is because they were treated badly. small breed dogs are more likely to bite because they're get scared when a kid is chasing them and pulling their tails. medium-large dogs are easier to train too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• also i forgot to add that if you have to get a smaller dog, boston terriers are good with children and have that "bully" look.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• if they are trained as a puppy to be around your kids then they should be fine, as with any other dog... you just have to wrok with them. they do have alot of gas though but any dog with a smooshed in face is going to be gassy b/c they swallow alot of air when they breathe
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2010