whats the deal with inlaws? why do we have a hard time with them?

alot of ppl have problems with inlaws manily the wives with mother in-law. I'm sorry to say i can't really stand mine. She is super controlling and when things dont go her way she throws a tantrum worst than my 2yr old. Like 2 days ago i was leaving her house but she decided to block the driveway with her tahoe and she refused to move till she cleaned the interior and i know it was beacuse i said to my son lets go see grandma reffering to my mom. She would always tell me to leave myhusband even while i was pregnant. I said iwanted to make dinner which is meatloaf everyone loved the idea to beat me to it she made sloppy joes and got even more upset beacuse i made the meatloaf i was craving and everyone finished it off. she also hates the fact of my husband going to visit my family. she said she is the only 1 he needs that im not even needed

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Just keep repeating to yourself, "she gave birth to the love of my life" .... I have to tell myself that about 35409839403 times a day/ Somedays it works and somedays I am full of rage. Just remember to not bad mouth her in front of your hubby because that puts him in a tough spot!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i think it's because they feel you are stealing their son. it's hard to let go of your kids, even when they are adults.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Wow, sounds like you have a real crapburger on your hands.
    I know for me, it is hard to like MIL, because she sucks sooooooooooo much compared to my awesome mom. My hubby agrees!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't know....I didn't have a hard time with my In-Laws. Maybe they were too reserved and polite and proper and all that but they were really kind and never gave me any trouble. Nobody had any issues, nobody was demanding, nobody had temper issues. I bet you would be so bored with them. LOL. I have heard that nice people are boring. Thank God for boring!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm the one with the sucky mother.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i cant really say much on his relationship with his mother because growing up he was kicked out 4 times majority of the time he lived with his friends family, she would always leave them to go out with her sisters at night. she would get foodstamps for my husband and his sibilings and she ould charge them for coke candy chips. That aint a good mother, till this day you go to her house she can charge for coke, grapes, stawberries. My mom and step dad went to visit her she didnt acknowledge they were their till my husband said some thing didnt offer my parents nothing to drink just hello and back to watching tv. My family on the other hand has always been there for my husband he goes out with them spends time with them .
    Snavarro08

Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Wow, your MIL sounds really rotten, I'm sorry. (She seriously CHARGES for coke, grapes, strawberries, etc?! What a nutcase!!) I guess I got lucky - while at least one of my siblings-inlaw is a little psycho, my MIL is awesome. I have more problems with my own parents than I do with my inlaws! That's probably because my parents are still cranky stick-in-the-mud people, and my inlaws are very chill.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It is time these men stand up to there mommy. It makes me sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• o ya my husband was visitng he got a coke from frig. and he said he was charged 75 cents, this was last month, when he was little his dad would give them money she would know and she would go buy candy and stuff and offer it to them at a price. i made the mistake of accidentaly leaving my wallet out in kitchen table and my husband caught her going through it
    Snavarro08

Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I hate mine I just ignore their calls and try to stay away from them.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010