When your life starts feeling too routine and boring, what do you do?

And I'm not talking about anything illegal or immoral :)

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 10:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I put on makeup, do my hair, wear something that makes me feel good (like a good pair of jeans and a nice top) and go to the bookstore. I love rummaging through books and I love the smells of the cafe. I am more of a loner anyways, so I like being out away from the house and among people but not really having to interact with anyone.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Mix it up a little and take my baby on a day trip somewhere.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Ugh I wish I could have this problem
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ask my mom to babysit and take a drive with hubby. we dont have to have a destination, just a full tank of gas. and we bring the fishing poles :)
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• 1. Go to the beauty salon, make a hair cut or just massage.
    2. Exercise yoga...believe me it helps a lot. You feel like new born :)))
    AnittaT

Answer by AnittaT at 10:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Talk to or hang out with my mom (she's truely my best friend.), go out to eat, change something in my routine, or do something I haven't done in a long time that I've always enjoyed (for me, like making some beaded jewlery or baking something).
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Boring? Life is never boring. I don't get why there are so many Moms who talk about being bored. BOOKS! Read a book. Something really good. Or a Crossword puzzle, something that you need to use your mind to do. OR yoga. That's good.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Find a new hobby. Visit a new museum. Talk a different path on a walk. Anything to give life a little something different. Change routine, change hairstyle, change the TV shows I watch. Even the little things make a difference in the big picture.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Oh, or come on here, CafeMom or the internet in general. LOL!!!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Change your furniture around, make a new dish for dinner (I've been doing that alot lately), or try a new hobby. A couple years ago, I wanted to try a new hobby so I bumped into paper crafts somehow. I guess I was in the right place at the right time. (The lady at the library showed us how to make our own cards.) The door is wide open for you. . . have fun along the way!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010