add on to an easier question of mine....

i asked if you would ever get your SO named tattooed on your body- lots of people said no for incase they got divorced from thier SO... but i have always wondered about that logic- if you think you may some day get divorced from your SO why get married in the first place???

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I love the fact that you have such faith and trust in your relationship. I love the fact that you would honor your love for your husband in such a way. I for one can say that I've never met a man that I've loved deeply enough or that I felt loved me deeply enough for me to tattoo their name on my body. I'm a 32yo single mom...never married, been engaged 3 times and walked away 3 times. If I ever meet someone who I feel that strongly about I may not tattoo their name on my body but there may be another tattoo of some signifigance to honor the love and the relationship.
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 12:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't get a tattoo, because what goes up, must come down.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You can't predict the future .... and you can't predict another human being. As much as you think your relationship is all that and a bag of chips ... you never know what could happen!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Exactly you cant predict the future, there is no telling what can happen. Say you didn't get a divorce and he died and then you meet someone knew and fall in love with them. Most men will be uncomfortable having another mans name on the person they love. Some would understand. I know I will never tattoo my husbands name on me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• but its still a bad reason to give. its like saying i wont have a kid with him because what if we get divorce?? a kid is just as perminiate as a child
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would never do it
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• mommy of 2.... my husband is in the service and over seas right now. im only 24 and i have his name tattooed on my rib cage, i live with the fear of the fact that he can die every day, that he may never come home. 4 months ago when i said by to him i had to treat it like it was the last day i would ever see him again. if he died i would not be ashamed that i have his name tattooed on my body. he is the love of my life and the father of my daughter. if another man doesn't like it than he cant say he loves me... he would have to accept that yes i love my 1st husband and always will just as much as accepting my daughter that is not his... nothing would ever change those 2 facts. i guess i feel that women that use that what if we get divorce excuse makes me wonder just how deeply they take their vows or how much they really truly love their husbands. i dont ever think of divorce or ever not being in love with my husband...
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• its not branding.... its honoring my love i have for this person....
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I take my Vows very Serious but, that doesnt mean i want my husbands name Tattooed on me- i answered NO simply b/c Tattoos just aren't my thing! Both of my Sons have them & i don't like to even see them-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nothing in life is permenant. Nothing in life is a given. Therefore, even though you feel in your heart you'll be with your SO forever, you can't predict the future. Nothing in the whole scheme of life is inevitable. Every choice we make is a reaction and every reaction has a reaction. The butterfly effect so to speak. If you would've made a different choice before meeting your SO you might've found someone else, married them, loved them, etc. Nothing in life is a prewritten book that you're just playing out, it's all happening this second as we breathe every breath. Every second we make a choice that lays out a future of seconds we're about to live.

With that said, why would you brand yourself with something that can be taken away from your life by a choice that's made? Ontop of that, I personally don't agree with branding yourself to begin with. Your body is YOURS, not theirs, and their name on your skin changes that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010