pls need advice on how to deal w/my2 boy fighting, 4yrs old n 21months, yes i know.

They fight like cats and dogs, even though one of them is 21months he is a head size smaller that my 4yr old, hes pretty big, of course when its in front of me i always stop them before it gets worse but it gets to the point to where my 4yr old has bitemarks on his shoulders,my lil one has scratches on his neck, they literally fight like cats n dogs, i get so mad at them because i dnt want to see them fight like this,i can only imagine how it will be when they get older, i have tried spanking them both i dnt care who started it, im trying to teach them hey u guys want to fight , both are getting spanked, i know thats not how to deal w/it but im just running out of ways to stop them or will this never end?& ppl pls no bashing thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids fight too, son is 6 daughter is almost 5. Tonight it was bad but I think they were both iritable and tired. I try to separate them when they get at one another and won't listen, but most of the time it's tell them sorry give a hug & kiss.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• nice play or both of you to your rooms no together play for 15 minutes (to little ones that is forevery) but totally separte them
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would say at that age i would try time out. I have 3 boys who fight a lot....though they all love each other to death they have their moments. When a fight breaks out i try to figure out what started it and fix it that way (making them share or what not) or i seperate them all and sit them in different corners. It's annoying but it works.
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When my 2 fight, I handle it differently everytime, but I think my mom has the real key. She seperates them. Within minutes they are begging to get together to play again. Good Luck
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I know it can be difficult, in my case my 21month old is the bully, sometimes im watching them they can be watching tv & the little one will go up to him and smack him w/a toy in the head my 4yr old will cry like hell then later on throughout the day will try to pay him back by either pulling the hell out of his hair or just pinching him real hard on his back
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Hmm...My brother and i really fought...When i was 3 and he was 5 I hit in on the bare back with a wire hanger...He in turn put my head through the bathroom door..Literally...

When I was 10 and he was 12...I chases him with a butcher knife(I honestly dont remember this..my mom and brother say I did)...He cornered me with a blow torch...(hair spray and lighter)...

Im now 22 and hes 24...We dont fight...Lol.

Try time outs and keeping them away from eachother...Be consistant! Thats they key. As soon as the fighting starts let them know its unacceptable and seperate them. They need to understand they cant fight!

Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My 22 month and 4 yr old go at it constantly. Same as my 7 and 14 year old. With the little ones I have to physically remove them from eachother. Lately I have been getting one thing sandwich, bag o mms, whatever and make them share then when they do(forced by me of course) I praise them. Yeaaaaaaah! Good job! Big hugs! Been doing this for a week now seems to work as the 4 year old learning and 2yr old attacks when he's sleeping. But they both get time outs. Yes 2 year gets 2 mins. 4 gets 4 mins and when necessary 14 gets 14 mins in the corner!I'm tired of spanking too
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• omg tiger tatted u just made me laugh, not at you but im just picturing your fights.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010