She gained 7 oz in 2 weeks ????

I went for my ultersound today and two weeks ago she weighed 11oz and today she is whopping 1 pound 2 oz... Im a little concern. I am 22 weeks along and is this normal for her to be so big? The doctor said she is bigger than to be expected. Does this mean she will be overweight at full term?

AshBaldwin011

Asked by AshBaldwin011 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Can't trust an ultrasound ...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• its just a guestimation. it's not exact. it could go either way at this point.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree with the other posters. Those ultrasounds cant be trusted when it comes to weight of a baby. Are you measuring on time for your due date?
    Karmawolf

Answer by Karmawolf at 10:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have been having ultrasounds since 21 weeks, my little man has been gaining roughly 6 oz every 2 weeks.. (one time he gained a whopping 11 oz in 2 weeks) i will be 30 weeks in 2 days and last ultrasound he weighed 2 lbs 12 oz (which now that I think about it is another 10 oz in a 2 week span) they pick up the lbs faster toward the end but it doesnt mean they will constantly gain the same amount.. it could go from 7 to 5 or 4 or from 7 to 12... plus the bigger the baby the more squish :) plus sometimes the due dates are a little off by a week or 2. dont worry.. being preggo makes you stress about alot of things and until the doctor says WE HAVE A PROBLEM.. dont stress about your baby being a little more than expected.. she's healthy and thats all you need to worry about :)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Try not to put too much faith in that estimate. My doc thought my first and third would be small...they were 7 lbs 2 oz and 8 lbs 11oz....he was guessing 6 pounds. My second he thought would be around 9 and he was 8 lbs 2 oz. Baby is doing fine if she is growing!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• itll be fine yeah she should be big you want the baby to put on weight.....
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• no it wont when i was 25 weeks my baby was 1lb.7oz on the ultrasound had her at 32 weeks and she was 3lbs
    mamamtobe

• besides who cares what they baby weights.. that wont matter to you when you get that first look at your baby
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When I went for my 20 week ultasound my daughter weighed 14 oz. They say once you hit 24 weeks your babies weight will have doubled. So Im thinking its perfectly normal. Im also 22 weeks now so I can just imagine how much she weighs now. Probably more than yours so I wouldnt stress it.
    matayanmommy

Answer by matayanmommy at 11:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• babies almost always weigh less than what the sonogram tells, its as accurate as they can get but its not spot on. You want a healthy baby, you shouldnt be worrying about whether baby will be over weight or not.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2010