A child in my son's class has head lice

My son started preschool 2 weeks ago. The first day of school a child in the class was sent home with head lice. I have been checking my son's hair and I haven't noticed anything. Now, my head is itchy and I am wondering if it is possible that I could have picked it up and not him? Or is this a cause of mind over matter? I don't have anyone who can check my hair for me without paying the dr.

NDNichol

Asked by NDNichol at 10:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You just have the heeby jeebies. It happens. :) If you are really worried about it, strip his clothes off and wash them before letting him run all over the house if that makes you fee better.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well now I am itching.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Just get some lice treatment for both you and your son. Just to be on the safe side!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 10:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Go to your local drug store and buy a good set of lice combs. Flip your hair over and start the comb at the nape of your neck and go up both sides. This is were head lice usually start their breeding grounds so if you find nits and those creepy little bugs there you can bet that you need a treatment.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 10:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• lol my neighbor did the same thing shed come up like 3 times a day for a few days having me check her head she never had it. and it makes me itch thinking about it too, if he doesnt have it you probably dont either but have a friend or someone check your head for you good luck
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Ask his teacher to check you if your really worried. If they are checking the kids they can look at you in the office or something.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thanks!!!!!
    NDNichol

Comment by NDNichol (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree with another poster....it's the heebie jeebies. But, if you're worried, just go and buy the treatment at the drug store and wash both of your hair. :)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I did the same drill last year! I read recently that lice doesn't spread as quickly as people tend to think. I'm with the others who said it's the heebie jeebies!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• it is only in your head lol. don't worry it can't spread as fast.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010