how long after possible implantation...

I'm not sure if I implanted or not...My periods are highly irregular, no idea when I ovulate, since my periods are so irregular (I have one like every 2 weeks) I don't know which are actual periods and which aren't. I am planning to go to the clinic by the end of the week or the beginning of next week.

For the past 2 weeks...I have been nauseous on and off, seem to get heartburn or chest pain (light) after eating, and last week I thought I was getting my "period" again, but it only lasted 3 days (usually at least 7) and was a little lighter than a normal period for me. If that was implantation...how long after should I be able to get an accurate HPT???

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 10:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• WIth my first child I took a HPT at 5 weeks and it showed up. WIth my second child I found out at the dr office by a urine test at 3 weeks, so 1 week after implantation, but it took about 3 or 4 days after that before a HPT showed positive. I would go to dr and get a blood test, that is the most accurate! Good luck!!
    NDNichol

Answer by NDNichol at 10:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• after implantation, withing 48 hrs you should get a positive test but if you want to be safe wait 72 hrs and that is after implantation not ovulation :) not meaning you were confused or anything just saying
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I tested last Wednesday (ended up being last day of bleeding) and again yesterday...both were negative. Should I stop stressing and go with the negative, or was it too soon for an accurate result?
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i best advise for you is to go to the clinic and have them check you if they get a negative then they send you on ur way then ur not preg... if ur not stop trying to get preg they say if you try to hard it wont happen just stop thinking about it get your grove on have fun and itll happen befor you know it
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thanks ladies...and mamamtobe, we actually aren't trying, but we're not not trying. We really are taking things as they come. A BIG part of me wants it be positive, but another part is hoping that I'm not because I'm not in the job I want to be in. But then again...I feel soooo ready to be a mom!
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I got a positive pregnancy test before implantation. At 5.5wks I had implantation bleeding and went to the hospital because I thought I was having another miscarriage. It was light and only lasted for a few hours.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010