How do you handle having someone in your home taking care of your children, living w/ you and on your days off...does the same normal routine w/ you there? Im having mixed feelings ...

we are a family that helps out their own. I am the resource of the household and some days i feel fine no problem do your share to stay, but some times when im home i feel like i have to ask or offer to take care of my own? am i crazy and overseeing things? haha

youngmom28

Asked by youngmom28 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Health

• I do not understand.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I've never had anyone else in my home, but my husband and kids. I could see where it would be hard for you to sort out.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Could you give us more information? Sorry,I'm confused...
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• So you have someone in the home helping you? Is this a nanny or relative, and do you want them there or not?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm not sure what you are asking....... You have a nanny? You have a relative staying with you and in return he/she takes care of the children and cleans?

As far as having someone else living in the house, we aren't ready for that yet. We could get a nanny if we wanted to, but I'm worried about personal space/privacy, etc. Is that what you are talking about.....?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am also confused..I just live with my SO and kids and we take care of our family.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• thank you too all the replies! wow that was very fast lol . Ok sorry for the mix up. I am the money maker of the house. My husband is a student in college and is also on disability and only recieves 100.00/mo. My mother in law also lives w/ us and she is the one that cooks,cleans,babysits when we ask or need it. She recieves 200.00/mo. We pay 1255.00/mo in rent alone. Im a cook for a living and only bring in 1200/mo. in income and w/ 2 kids,2 adults w/ little income,4 cats...IT GETS TO BE A LOT ON MY SHOULDERS LOL. I dont know if i'm necessarily asking a question or venting. so bare w/ me. What upsets my husband and I most of all is that, we agreed that this is what she would do in order to "earn her keep" i guess we would call it? But she complains and moans everyday about it! on top of that, she mooches cigerettes, askes for beer atleast 1-2/wk. , smokes our green, and lingers and over stays her welcome in OUR OWN ROOM!
    youngmom28

Comment by youngmom28 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Have you talked to her about your expectations while she is living with you? Is there anywhere less expensive that you coud live? What about your husband? If she is taking care of the kids,could he at least find a part time job? I guess I'm just confused as to how you can afford cigarettes,beer and "green",when it seems you either don't or barely make enough to pay your bills. I'm really not trying to put you down,I'm just trying to understand your situation. If you would like to talk to someone about it,pm me.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 3:23 AM on Sep. 29, 2010