I am 13 weeks and 3 days today. I was told I conceived on the 9th of July according to my OB and before I got to go to my OB I went to a resource center and they said I conceived on the 10th...and I had sex with my boyfriend on the 10th, we did have sex the weekend before..I was just wondering if conception dates can be wrong up to two weeks?

TessaY

Asked by TessaY at 10:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There is no way to know 100%...
    Yes they can be off by 2 weeks!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes due dates can be off up to two weeks. Thats why 37 weeks is considered "term" Unless that was the only sex you had then it's possible it's off.
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There is no way to know exactly when conception happened. Also, sperm can actually take between five minutes and three days to reach an egg.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 10:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• But...I mean, it's more than likely around that date right?
    TessaY

Comment by TessaY (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• it's not an exact science.... but the difference between the 9th and the 10th is 24 hours... it really makes no difference!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes it can be off. As you progress and they do another ultrasound you should get a better answer. If you are concerned, bring it up to your dr. My dr told me that the ultrasounds and measurements had to be off by more then two weeks before they would change my due date. Good luck!
    NDNichol

Answer by NDNichol at 10:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Sperm can live in your body for about 5-7 or so days so it really varies between when you had sex and when you ovulated which is impossible to know exactly!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There's no way of knowing for sure unless you chart. It COULD be that date or it could be two weeks prior to that date. Due dates and conception dates don't really matter anyways. Babies come when they come.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's possible but I would wait until they do the 2nd trimester measurements. They might be able to better tell you then. Conception dates can be wrong.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• it can be off.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2010