im 22 weeks pregnant and been having severe lower abdominal pain in my left side. Has anyone else had this?

It seems to hurt worse when I sit down and it also spreads to my lower back some times. The pain comes and goes in waves but when it comes its usually so severe that it puts me in tears. And the only thing that seems to help is putting a heating pad on it. I was thinking it could be round ligament pain because Im startin to get bigger now but Im really not sure. Can anyone help me figure this out?

matayanmommy

Asked by matayanmommy at 10:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first baby? I'm 23 weeks with my fourth child and have been having some pretty bad lower back and abdominal pain. My doctor said I will have more pain and pressure this time. I've also noticed the babys position will make the pains worse... you can maybe try to get your little one to move. If your pain continues or worsens i would call your doc to be safe,
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would recommend calling your dr or ob department.
    NDNichol

Answer by NDNichol at 10:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i had the same problem but it started at about 30 weeks. i went and got checked out. my docotr informed it was something that i would have to deal with until i had the baby. i had it till i had my son. i know how you feel. i hurt too. you can do the heating pad, try and ice pack and hot shower too. only relieves it for a bit tho.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i had that with my daughter it could be growning pains,,,,, i had lots of probs though i would talk to ur doctor asap cuz when i had those pains and i went in at 25 weeks and he said i shouls of came in i was dialated that what the pain was from and i could of had her any of thoses days so dont be stupid go get checked. then at 27 weeks my water brok and i was in the hospital for a month and had her at 32 weeks now shes 3 months old but i wish i went in when i was having pains it could of helped from having her early.. she almost didnt make it so please go in if not for you for your baby........
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I did call the dr. they said it might be my bowels which I do not believe but Im going to see my doc tomorrow morning. Just wanted some opinons.
    matayanmommy

Comment by matayanmommy (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's probably not anything serious, just one of the joys of pregnancy. I worked as a waitress until I was 31 weeks and I would get sharp pains there from carrying trays and walking so much. The pains would make me double over though, but they eventually would stop and I'd carry on...I bet you're having round ligament pains; nothing would soothe mine but a heating pad and strangely so would sitting in the shower. Chances are very slim you're having a miscarriage or anything ( i checked into all that due to my paranoia, lol) If there's blood definately go to ER though!
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• it sounds a lot like round ligament pains. I had them so badly with dd that I ended up going to the er because I thought I was dying or something. seriously, all I could do is sit in one spot, perfectly still, and cry my eyes out until they went away. they do get a bit better as you get further along, though. for me they were worst in the second trimester.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• it may be a cyst, i was n pain most of my pregnancy and thats what it was the doc said it was normal
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• sounds like scyatic nerve pain. call your doc if you are worried about it. I had this TERRIBLE with my first!! It was like a knife cutting into me whenever I would try to stand/walk/sit/lay down.... anything!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It could be round ligament pains but I would still have your ob take a look to be on the safe side.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2010