jr high

what could be some good consequences that will help my daughter stay out of trouble at school? We've been told she's mouthy which she is mouthy at home. We've tried to break her of it but are failing miserably. We have to go talk to the principle in the morning. Today some boy poored soda all over her and she saud the f word they said she's been in trouble more than a handful of times,I dont understand why I haven't been told before till now. I really really need help with my unruly girl,she is going on 13 soon and I can't take anymore stress I hate waking up in the morning and coming home from work anymore now cause thiers always drama. I will not do rewards anymore because they dont work for my kids and for number two I think they need to just behave better than she has been

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in

• Threating her with boot camp or job corp. Take away all electronics, nice clothes, shoes, jewerly,make up, allowance and freedom. Don't get her hair and nails done. She needs to respect you as her mother. She need a reality check. She has burnt you out and her father should help you. If you ever need to vent, I'm a click away. Good Luck with mouth O' mighty.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 12:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Is dd involved in going to the principle with you tomorrow? I think it would be a great idea to have her sitting there while you are discussing this and being put on the hot seat in front of her principle. He is expecting answers out of you, and the answers need to come from her, She needs to take responsibilty for her actions in front of you and in front of the principle. I hate when schools look down on the parents for this, and expect to be black or white, when the problem child is not in the hot seat where she should be..good luck tomorrow!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Take away whatever she loves most. You have to be firm and consistent. Don't give it back no matter how much she whines, yells, mouths-off, or whatever. Take it away for x amount of time, then give it back. Then if she is mouthy again, take it away again for twice as long. Keep doing this until the behavior stops. I know it is hard. I am right in the trenches with you. I have a 13 year old son who is mouthy with me. He doesn't do it at school though and that is how I know he is capable of polite behavior.
    Good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Take away something she absolutely love such as, a cell phone or computer.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Definitely take away cell phone, computer, TV, time with friends, etc. and give her more chores to do at home. Make her earn them back with good behavior.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I got rewards for doing good in school and things taken away when I didn't do good. I didn't have a mouth though but most the kids cussed when i was in middle school and it's only gotten worse since then. I know its not right and she shouldn't be saying that but most kids do anymore.

my mom always told me she would send me to boot camp for a few weeks if i didn't behave or an all girls school so i kept my grades up
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• what they said.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010