Anyone find it easier to potty train the second kid?

This seems like a weird question, I guess, but I'm wondering if I'm imagining things...

My oldest DD is 3-1/2 and announces loudly, "I have to pee/poop", etc. All of a sudden my 21mo is saying the same thing and walking directly to the toilet and asking me to put her on it. She's also taking her diaper off every time it's wet/dirty.

Anyone else found it easier to train their second (third, etc) child because of the older kid's example? I couldn't get my oldest even remotely interested in training until she was almost 2 and a half, but I'm pretty sure she's encouraged her sister to use the potty already!

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 11:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends on the child.
    kimsardo

Answer by kimsardo at 11:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I hope so!!!!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• NOPE!! My 2nd is a toughie. She will tell us AFTER she's already gone in her pull-up. Since we have a newborn in the house, we haven't been working with her as diligently as we should, so that's probably the bulk of our trouble.
    sjjeaster

Answer by sjjeaster at 12:48 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• havent had the 2nd yet so i dont know
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010