Any advice for oily, fine, flat hair? please?

i neeeeed volume! and way less oil. i was using sun in but i want to get a perm (maybe) when my hair grows out, now i have about 5 inches of roots that is like a dark blonde. its so flat and oily and the rest of my hair is blonde and really dry.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• They used to sell shampoos for "Oily Hair" but I can;t find them anywhere. Everything is for Dry or Normal or Color Treated. I have thick, oily hair and by the end of the day, my hair just looks gross and dirty.

While I can't help you, I do feel your pain
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ive tried "for normal to oily hair" shampoos but they don't work all that great and i do rinse & repeat i feel like i need an extra product for after the shower
    mandielynn23

Comment by mandielynn23 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yup I have the same problem, I was having to wash my hair everyday and my hair dresser told me it makes it worse washing too frequently, so now between washes I am using the dry shampoo spray in, its great so far, so now I am just washing every other day.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Start with a good shampoo that is for fine thin hair, that will add volume, then find a volumizing foam to put in your roots before you do your hair.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010