my husband is an addict and he has betrayed my trust so many times I'm not sure I love him anymore, but my daughter does. alot, and I know I cannot live without her. I don't know what to do. any advice? desperate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Why would your daughter live with him if you seperated?
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• 1)how old is your daughter
    2)have you gone to alanon and gotten YOURSELF some healing and help and support?
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 11:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• How old is your daughter? If he's an addict, do you think your daughter needs this influence around her? Your husband is responsible for his own actions. I'd give him a choice of straightening his life out. If that doesn't seem to work, I would strongly consider getting him out. You nor your daughter need this.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Tell your husband that he has two choices. Get help and get clean and have your support or hit the road. There are no other options that will work. It may take some intervention from other family members as well if you decide to get him help. If this has been happening for awhile chances are you will also need support. Not sure of the details but definitely take control of the situation. No matter how irrational he is you can find a way out. Think about your two year old.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 12:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think you should start going to NarcAnon. The website is www.nar-anon.org/. You can at least get some support from others who are in your exact situation. I'd also look into getting your husband into rehab or some type of help for his addiction. Right now his drug use is your problem, not his. Meaning he's probably happy doing what he's doing while you are miserable. You need to make up your mind to demand better for yourself and your daughter. Nothing will change for the better if you don't take action.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If you did separate that does not mean your dd wouldn't be able to love or see her dad. That might just be the incentive he needs to get clean or sober. No judge in their right mind would let a little kid spend time with an addict. If he loves your dd, which I am sure he does, he will get clean for her sake. It not good for her to grow up like that anyway :( Good Luck!!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my daughter is two and i left her father when she was six weeks old. he was a heroin addict and i couldn't stand the thought of raising my daughter in that kind of environment or with him as a role model for her. she now asks me about her dad, and i tell her that he lives far away... because i don't know what else to say.
    but. i am happy, and so is my baby, and we're a family, not something broken with missing pieces. we have a great life and i'm so glad i left. please do what is right for mama and baby.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 3:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My daughter is 7, and when I go she will definately go with me. I just worry that she will hate me for taking her away from her dad. if she told me she wanted to live with him instead of me I would die of a broken heart.
    chrissywho

Answer by chrissywho at 8:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010