When you have kids, have you found it important to have a home phone or land-line?

Thinking about getting a land-line or home phone. Is it worth the expense (in addition to the cell phones we already have)? What is the home line useful for?

lscobie

Asked by lscobie at 11:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Never really thought about it. I always had a home phone and a cell phone. I use my home phone to call land lines and my cell to call other people on their cells. Works for me!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nope. DH and I both have a cellphone and we think that is plenty. We don't see the need for a land line. Even our in-laws finally gave theirs up about a year ago.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have both & often wonder why, lol
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My daughter and I both have cell phones only. Everyone knows these numbers and in case of power outage - they always work... since they are always charged. AND we have car charger for them.
    Nikobaby2010

Answer by Nikobaby2010 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I always have a landline. I do still use my cells but I think landline is best for me so My son always knows where the phone is and also for the 911 service. it doesn't work very well for cells. If there was a fire or something and you couldn't give the exact address they will find the house
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• as military we like to have our cells and homephone, just incase!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My oldest daughter is 12, it's nice having the land line so her little friends don't blow up my cell phone!
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010