what do you prefer to put your 2-3yr old daughter in?

Dancing, gymastics, both? Which is better for this age range and why?

Karmawolf

Asked by Karmawolf at 11:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am looking at dance for my 3yo. I think she would love either one, but I was really into gymnastics for years and ended up with a lot of injuries as a result. I'd let her do gymnastics in a heartbeat if she wanted to, but I'm starting with dance because I feel like it's a little tamer and we'll see how she likes it before moving onto other things.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would start with gymnastics. Dance is very strict and gymnastics is more "free". Plus the stretching and flexibility she learns in gymnastics will help her in dance classes. I plan on doing Toddler gymnastics at 3 and dance at 4
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'd start with dance. It makes gymnastics a lot easier and the classes for 2-3 year olds are laid back. My daughter is in dance and she's 2 1/2. My sister started with dance before gymnastics and it was a lot easier then it was for me because I didn't do dance because i wanted to swim instead. we were both 3 when we started
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would put her into a dance class that has tumbling.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• both
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I am looking at some low key casual go when you want to hip hop dance classes for my daughter, I dont want anything that add's unnecessary pressure at this age...I want it to be something fun to explore and learn not something thats overly competative and routined.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Hmm... I don't know for this age. I'm not really ready to be starting classes like that with DD. I think I would choose whichever used up more energy.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• both y not
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010