Would you continue shopping in a store that treated you badly?

I bought some items at a local drug store, but didn't realize until I got home that they were not what I wanted. My SO was going to get a prescription filled, so I asked him if he would do the return for me. He said that it seemed like the entire store staff was pissy! The manager basically accused me of trying to fraud the store (because some of the items were purchased with coupons). She refused to do the return, saying she "didn't want to deal with it-let the day manager deal with it"!

I have been shopping at that store for 2 years with no problems EVER with returns. My staff knows me and my daughter quite well. I've never had a problem with this particular manager, but maybe she was just having a bad day...?

Now I'm almost too embarrassed to go to that store anymore after the fuss she made about the return. My SO says I need to chill-she was probably just having a bad day.

How would YOU handle the situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ha! I would report that night manager and any other rude staff to the manager above her, which would probably be the regional manager and I would demand a refund or tell the regional manager that you will take your business elsewhere while telling all your friends and family to do the same.
    Do NOT allow any store personnel to treat you rudely no matter what kind of day they had or mood they are in.
    If you do not receive any satisfaction from the regional manager then you look up the corporate address and file an official complaint. If customers always allow these "little" things pass, then they will never be corrected and other customers will suffer.
    I would then just stick with the daytime staff if they are easier to deal with or just let your husband deal with the night staff since it doesn't bother him. If the behavior continues, look for another pharmacy.
    You have a right to be treated with respect.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That's a tough one to answer. I would probably cool off for a while before going in there again, but I don't think I'd write the store off completely. It's a shame how people having a bad day can ruin the desire to ever shop somewhere again, but I totally know how that feels!!

aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If youve been shopping there for that long I would bring it up to the general manager. The way they acted is bad for business which could end up getting those people fired. By the sound of it they should be fired I think its total BS!
    matayanmommy

Answer by matayanmommy at 11:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have boycotted a store (temporarily) for the way I'd been treated. I stopped going for a few months, but went back after they got a new manager.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I was treated badly by 2 girls, spoke to the Mgr. which I don't normally do. They were reprimanded and I continue to shop there. If you don't register a complaint it will not stop, or let it go and see how your treated next time. If they continue to be rude complain, if they are nice chalk it up to they were having a bad day. If it was a Mgr. I don't think I'd I let it happen to me a 2nd time that's for sure, she/he not setting a very good example to the the employees.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would get a bad day employee at least 1-2 times a month and I got tired of it I tryed not to go back to the store but most of the time it punished me more than it did them. because I would have to go to a store farther away or somewhere they did not have what i needed I then cam up with this line." You work here to get paid in order to pay for your life I choose to spend my hard earn money here to get supplies not bad attitueds. Now do you think you can do your job which includes polite customer service" or if I get an employee that grumppy or frouning I usually say " you get paid to provide a service not pass your pissy attitude onto other people" I dont write off stores anymore I speak my mind.
    mom2b4u

Answer by mom2b4u at 12:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would be calling someone above them and if nothing is done I would find a new store to go to, at least for while. We didn't eat at Chili's for months because I received crappy service, which was completely out of the norm, we ate there often, and when I called the manager he pretty much said he didn't believe me because she was such a good worker.
    sweetpea8973

Answer by sweetpea8973 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thank you everyone!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010