Is an engagement party supposed to be just dinner or some kind of entertainment too?

I am trying to plan one and I have no idea what it's supposed to include. I have never been to one before.

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 11:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• It can be whatever you want it to be. There are no rules or precedents. I would say that just getting everyone together is the most important thing and the amount of money spent on it is really not important. Do it with the minimum fuss and bother and just have fun and celebrate!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Dunno. Didn't have an engagement party and didn't get a bridal shower either. DH got his bachelor party tho, oh joy.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Inviting the family of each partner and of course GREET TO MEET

An engagement party is a special way to celebrate a couple’s impending wedding before the flurry of planning begins. With a few simple engagement party ideas about location, theme, food, decorations, and activities, it is possible to create a fun event without amassing tremendous debt. Whatever arrangements are made, the key is to remember that the engagement party is only the start of an ongoing celebration of the couple’s commitment to one another, a celebration that should last far past their wedding day.
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The only people I know who had an engagement party were VERY well off. They had it @ their home. Catered full on 3 course meals w/ servers. Had a band. I think etiquette says you should only host a party if there is over 18m+ between time of engagement and wedding. I think People would start to feel used. Engagement gift. Shower Gift. Wedding Gift..
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't think there are any procedure you have to follow. Just have fun and relax
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 2:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010