i have a 13 year old boy he plays football but they did not have a team for him in his age group so they but him with bigger kids there are kids on his team that are his age but the teams they play are older and the kids on his team keep getting hurt bad they get kill every game they play should i pull him off or ask him if he wants to stay i think he stays because of his father what should i do

italian29

Asked by italian29 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would ask him what he wants.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ask him what he wants. If he wants to play then let him. I think it should be his choice
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• What would I do? I would use punctuation...you know what that is,right? Periods, colons, semicolons....anything that will make this huge long run-on sentence make some sense. I have never seen such a LONG sentence!!!! It is so hard to read....it is too annoying.
    Yes, sports should be a kid's choice only.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• football is the one sport I would not want my child to be on if the kids are all older. I personally would pull him and try to have him play with his age. You do not want him getting hurt.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would ask him. If he's happy with it, why pull him out?
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My son plays football too, he's 12. He does play with his own age, but most of the other teams have bigger players and my son's team has lost every game - by a lot, though "officially" they can only lose by 30 points. Is there a legitimate worry about him being injured? That would be my main concern - I know football is a rough and tumble sport, my son has been playing since he was 6, so I know the risks. But if there's a higher than normal chance of a real injury that would weigh heavily on my decision.

I will say though that despite the fact that my son's team hasn't won a game, he is loving it. I know he'd rather be winning, but he is really having fun and enjoying playing and being with his teammates. That also has to weigh heavily on the decision. I'd ask him - maybe away from his dad if you feel he'd influence him one way or the other. But you can't discount the team aspect and friendships he's making.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think you have gotten some good advice already.
    Good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Both my boys play football and while the teams are in their age groups, they will still come across other teams that are bigger. It never occurred to me to remove my boys because they enjoy it. Unfortunately my older son has bad ankles since playing tackly football since he was in 3rd grade, but he still loves to play.
    I would ask my son how he feels about it, if he wants to stay in or not - its his choice.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010