Do you have health insurance?

I just wanted to see how many of you have health insurance. The rates are so high and I always thought that to have health insurance was waste of money. For me it's too much to pay $150. If you don't have health insurance do you pay the full price? How many times do yu visit the doctor in a year?

SaferAtHome

Asked by SaferAtHome at 2:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Health

• We have health,dental,vision & prescription coverage.
    Use it for female check ups,pregnancy & when sick so it vaires.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We have health insurance.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We pay about $140 every pay period, which is ever other week. We use it very often, for my pregnancy, well baby check-up, etc. Also, the prescription coverage is wonderul to have.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i also think that health insurance is a waste of money especially if u onky get sick twice a year like me might as well just safe it at home then pay it cash because with insurance u still got to pay some percentage. i havent been to the doctor in two years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Yes, we have health insurance, short term disability (which is awesome if you're planning to have a baby), and dental and vision. Unfortunately the premiums go up every year. I don't know if I would say it's a waste...one MRI costs over $1500 (where I live), and you never know what might happen that you need an expensive test. It would be awful to get stuck with some mega medical bills...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We have health insurance, everything except dental. Through the military, Tricare.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We have health, dental, and vision through my husband's job. We pay $80 every two weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We have separate health insurance plans...hubby has a HMO from his work and only pays like $15/month and that includes dental. I have a PPO with my employer and that covers myself and my children but I pay like $424/ month and that includes vision.
    isabel21

Answer by isabel21 at 7:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Oh...one more thing...I though I had the 'better' insurance' b/c it was costing more than hubby's HMO...but he had to get an MRI a month ago and didn't have to pay a dime...his insurance covered it...so I guess it's pretty good and only $15!
    isabel21

Answer by isabel21 at 7:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Absolutely. You won't think it's such a waste of money if someone gets injured, diagnosed with cancer, or any number of other conditions that then make you uninsurable for the rest of your life. Then your paying out of pocket for who knows how much money, or worse case senerio you need a highly expensive treatment (or one of your children) and can't get it because you have no money. If you want to gamble with you health go ahead. I hope to god you have insurance on your children. How very irresponsible. A car wreck can happen with no warning. Do you know how much one ambulance ride is? Stat flight? There are less costly policies. Stop being irresponsible and get some damn insurance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2008