Is it OK to stop pumping?

I am getting so sick of pumping! especially at work! They are accomdating but i feel uncomforatble. My son will be one tomorrow and drinks whole milk just fine. I plan to continue nursing for about another year (at least 6 more months) but i cannot stand pumping! Is it OK to stop or will it dry up my supply?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As I told you over on the group... 100%YES. Stopping pumping at one year is FINE. Most moms don't make it that far.

I quit the pump at one year. Nursed 26 months.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• BTW... pumping has NOTHING to do with supply. Everything o do with relieving engorgement and being able to leave milk when you're at work. Supply FOREVER adjusts.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• no you will probably not dry up. i only nursed 4 months and it took over a year for it to dry up. and i did not nurse or pump.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I just stopped pumping at work too! My daughter will be 1 on Thursday. She is only nursing in the mornings and in the evenings before bed. During the day she gets milk in a cup.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2010