Have you heard that 1 million Black People's voter registrations were thrown out in 2004 and 2006??

If you want more information, please go to www.stealbackyourvote.org. 1) turned down for a Home Equity Line of Credit, 2) African American? Latin American? don't have a drivers license? CHECK TO SEE if you are still registered! 3) Do you have hyphens in your name, have an alias, or if you have gotten a DMV card with your name misspelled, you could have had your voting rights already taken away!
If you are in an area that is lower in economic status, these are targeted districts. Don't accept provisional ballots, and VOTE EARLY!
In 2000, these tactics stole an election. It is now going on nationally, eliminate voters and DELETING voter registration cards for names that didn't match databases PERFECTLY. Swing states have the HIGHEST COUNTS of voter name purging. HAVA has purged about 10 million voters in the past 8 years with partisan politics. Please Make Sure you are Registered to Vote!

averillholistix

Asked by averillholistix at 2:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• jamiinvegas jamii... Sorry if you don't know how to fill out the forms , making an informed decision about whom to elect is probably beyond your mental capacity as well

WTF? I was hassled last time I went to vote and don't even know if mine was counted, and I certainly do know how to fill out a form. I haven't moved and yet my husband was not questioned when he went to vote, mine shouldn't be any different, I've voted in this precinct AND under this name before. Try doing some research rather than tossing out insults next time.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• bobby kennedy wrote and article about voter registration purging for rolling stone.
    he was on the rachel maddow show tonight to promote it.. it's pretty interesting(and scary) stuff.

i have 3 samoan middle names and one of them is spelled incorrectly on my driver's liscense. fortunately i didn't have a problem voting.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• THIS IS EXACTLY where I got this information... again.

It keeps popping up, and I hope this question spreads the word... :)
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 3:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i know it's different from state to state but bobby kennedy made it seem as though the voting laws were even tougher in swing states.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• They are... Some polling places are requiring voters to show ID like you would when you write a check, others are not. I've never had to show my ID; just say my name and fill in the blank. What form of ballot do you have?
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 3:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i voted via a touchscreen.
    it was alright but i voted absentee today and the touchscreens were free standing and without a curtain and the entire time this woman was standing behind me waiting for her turn to vote. it made me very uncomfortable.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i thought i'd post the site:
    http://www.stealbackyourvote.org/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Ha! I can't post it enough. I think I'll put it in my thought bubble! LOL
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 3:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We do it the hanging chad way here! Just kidding, we fill out bubbles, like a scantron.
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 3:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• entire time this woman was standing behind me waiting for her turn to vote. it made me very uncomfortable

If I were you, I would report that.  I believe there are laws that say if there is not a curtain you have to stand a certain distance back. Each state has voter privacy laws and it doesn't sound like yours were honored.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2008