How do I ask for help when I dont want people to know I need it?

So my Husbands deployed, I work full time, go to school full time and we have a 2 year old. I need help from freinds/family to support me emotionally. Everyone thinks Im sone strong woman but really Im just a great pretender. I cry at night and get so mad at my stupid husband for liking be in the Army and I just want someone to freaking hug. So how can I ask for help without making it seem like I want their pity? Im lost and lonely and Im so far away from other Army wives here that its impossible to get together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I've always heard that you give what you need to receive so if you need a hug....give a hug.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Are you involved in a miitary moms group here in cm? If not, start there..you will get tons of support from military moms who know how you feel. We feel so alone in isolation, but as you just did here by reaching out,,you can find support and answers. As a side note,,,I would add as part of your post question, that you are military cause that will alert our military sisters that its a question that they may be able to give better advice on, since they are in the same postion as you. Hugs to you,,,and hang in there.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sounds liek you have to be honest with those around you that are close to you and love you........they should embrace you, just jsut need to let them know that your not coping as well as everyone thinks you are and you need some support.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Join a group on base. I know there are other moms/ even women going through the same things as you. They would understand probably better than civilians do. Sometimes family doesn't "see" that you need help, or just support. Don't try to keep it all in, be honest with your family and friends you do have around! Have you looked into the FRG for support? Good Luck! :)
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010