does your child talk to themselves while they are in bed before they fall asleep??

my daughter (6yrs old) ALWAYS has...sometimes i just sit outside her door and listen, its so cute!! but tonight, i set up my camera right outside her door and set it to video, so i could record what she says..LOL..im listening to it right now..its soo adorable! shes talking about her friends at school, and having playdates, and she keeps saying our phone number..lol..and nowher stuffed animals are arguing over who's cuter..LOL i feel like im stalking my own child!!!

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son does that every night for about an hour. LOL it can be pretty cute.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 12:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes!! My DD (5) does it almost every night for about 20-30 minutes. It's really cute!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• LOL - that's awesome! Great idea to grab the video camera - you will cherish that for years!! MIne don't talk BEFORE they go to sleep, but they talk IN their sleep almost every night. It is sooo funny because it makes no sense!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Lol my ones too little but I look forward to that day! My DH and I both talk in our sleep so it bound to happen. I love it when my hubby starts talking about aleins !!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my 6 yr old does that. She litteraly will talk her self to sleep! She calls her pretend kids her honeys and has talks with them about manners and strangers and all the things my so and I tell her. Both her and my 8 yr dd talk in their sleep as well. Oh and my 6yr old is impossible to put in time out. She names her fingers and pretends their lil peoples and has fun. Even if shes in a corner! Its sooo cute
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My 4 year old will talk to herself or her stuffed animals every night. She will read stories to her animals, dress the baby for bed and once she even "delivered" a teddy bare. I had two friends give birth within weeks of each other .She talks in her sleep as well. It's amazing the amount of stuff she can talk about. It's definitely entertainment, that's for sure!
    ArmyMomFA

Answer by ArmyMomFA at 12:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Lol yeah my son likes to see himself to sleep:)..it's so cute
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That's got to be the most adorable thing I've ever heard. I can't wait till my LO reveals her funny quirks
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010