MY LIVE-IN BOYFRIEND'S EX-WIFE BADMOUTHS ME IN FRONT OF THE LITTLE ONE

FIRST OF ALL THIS CHILD IS 6 YEARS OLD...HER MOTHER HAS TOLD HER THAT I'M THE REASON MOMMY AND DADDY BROKE UP(NOT TRUE) AND THAT I STOLE HER HOUSE AND SHOULD BE PAYING HER RENT...SHE HAS EVEN BADMOUTHED MY KIDS TO THIS CHILD AND WE SIMPLY TELL THE CHILD WHAT HER MOM IS SAYING ISN'T TRUE, WE NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER, SAY A BAD WORD ABOUT HER MOTHER IN FRONT OF HER...THIS WOMAN IS VERY JEALOUS AND VINDICTIVE...MY BOYFRIEND IS ATTEMPTING TO GAIN FULL CUSTODY AT THIS POINT, AS IS SHE...HE HAS 50/50 CUSTODY AS OF NOW...YOU SHOULD HEAR SOME OF THE THINGS THIS WOMAN SAYS (WE RECORD ALL PHONE CONVERSATIONS) I WORRY ABOUT THE EMOTIONAL TOLL IT IS TAKING ON THE LITTLE ONE...HER OWN MOTHER IS INFLICTING UPON HER...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• me and u need to chat Im going having this going on to........
    ladybug33

Answer by ladybug33 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I feel for your situation. That is terrible and no one should have to go through that!

The good news is that kids, no matter how young they are, will eventually figure out the truth. Especially when they are given the opportunity to view both sides of the situation. I agree that you should worry about the emotional toll it would take the on the little one. That woman is confusing the child and ripping out any emotional security she has with any adult in this situation. If she doesn't know who to trust, then she has no security.

I would guess that this woman probably goes into over-the-top fits in front of this child from time to time. That's why it's extra important to remain calm, collected, gentle and supportive in the kid's prescence. It will promote security and trust in your relationship. Explain in simple terms what's going on between all of you.

Good luck hun! I hope this works out for the best!
    tizzanny

Answer by tizzanny at 1:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Well did you? Was this started as an affair of sorts? If so I would make sure my kids new you were "A" cause for the break up. Are you sitting your ass in the house when you should be working? People like you make me laugh. You cause problems in other's relationships and then expect not only respect but praise in breaking up someone relationship. It doesn't matter if they weren't doing to good, you had NO RIGHT.
    If this is all true then You deserve it! Yeah he should be paying her rent and child support and anything else he was before you came into the picture.
    What she needs to learn is to keep shut now so that YOU won't be raising her kids. A mistake that a lot of mothers make when GILTED.
    Anonymous

• She needs to understand that bad mouthing dad's life and partner is also bad mouthing dad and not good or healthy for the kids. Even if there are legitimate concerns, the way to deal with them is not to put the kids in the middle. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get that across to someone who doesn't already understand that.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• What you need to do is ask her to stop. And if she doesn't beat her ass.
    mommytangina

Answer by mommytangina at 3:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• oh heeeellllll naaawwww....wope her ass...ill hold her down and u beat the shit out of her lol...take her ass out to the streets away from the kids and show her how a real woman handles her shit
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• smack the bitch...enough said =)
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2008