Need ideas to help slim down after baby

My 2nd child is 4 months almost 5 months old. I lost about 15lbs right after I had her, but now I am stuck. I have this ugly "pooch" and I am 6 sizes bigger than I was pre prego. I would be patient only there was a dance team I wanted to try out for in January and I need to look awesome!
I don't have money for anything like Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. I have tried cutting calories (but not too much cause I am nursing) and I try to get as much exercise in as I can, mostly walking though because the baby thinks she needs to ALWAYS be held. I tried to cut out soda, and manage to drink a lot less but still have not cut it completely.
I just need an idea or two for a little more help...

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 12:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Ok, as a mother of 5-i KNOW the "pooch" of which you speak. I started walking and now am actually running. It took time to build up my tolerance to run, but it's doable and it's effective.

In the meantime, the littleone will get over being held. Crying won't hurt. Actually hurts you more than them. Use a swing, or vibrating bassinet and somewhere she can see you. Talk to her, but putting her down is a good start.

Take her for walks. If it's bad weather...go to the mall and walk end to end several times. Cutting out soda helps...lost 5 lbs when I stopped that.

Cut out takeout...prepare your own meals...that's a major break through if you like fast food. Also, eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day. It will seem like you are eating a lot, but you're actually preventing binge eating this way. Your meals will be smaller and the snacks (fruit/yogurt/etc) will hold you over.

You will do it...it will take time...
    ArmyMomFA

Answer by ArmyMomFA at 1:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Try pilates! It works great for toning the muscles!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• running and taebo
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• running and running will probably help the most with slimming hips. But i wrote an article about how i lost my baby weight, if you want to check it out.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5826450/how_i_lost_my_weight.html?cat=5

Be patient though, mama. its hard work! it has to be a lifestyle change. good luck! you'll look great for the dance team
    wiferichie

Answer by wiferichie at 1:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010