Helpppppppp!!!! My 5 year old wont listen to anyone he likes to ignore me and do things he's way what can I do?

G_Lady23

Asked by G_Lady23 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm having this issue with my almost 4 year old. I'm using my stern Mommy voice and giving her options. "You can either not listen to me and go to bed early OR do what I ask you to do and have a small bowl of ice cream/oranges/apples after dinner." This is just an example. We don't actually have ice cream in our house and she doesn't eat many sweets anyway.

So far, this method has worked. If you give them an option, they still feel like they're in control of the situation because they're choosing it. Now, if they choose incorrectly, time outs and taking away favorite toys or activities work.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I spank and if you dont, I can help lol
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 9:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Now he's on the I dont want to stage that makes me soooooo angry I really dont know what to do with this kid.
    G_Lady23

Comment by G_Lady23 (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010