Do looks mean anything?

I met a guy online and we have great chemistry, we can talk for hours everyday. But when we met I had no psychical attraction to him, at all. So does it matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband isn't the type I would have gone crazy for, but once I spent some time with him I was hooked. He is by far the most gorgious man in my eyes now. Sometimes what is inside of a person can make them better looking by the day. You'r the only one who can really make the choice on how much looks mean to YOU.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well I have dated some fine looking men pretty boys my man is good looking but the fine ones seem to think there all that I care about looks but there inside is what I have to put with more their charcter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wouldn't give up just yet. After a few more dates you may feel the attraction you're looking for.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 6:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It does matter. if your not attracted to him, there may be the start of many problems. I also met my husbnd online, and I feel deeply in love with him before I got to meet him. I seen pictures and I was 'happy; with the way he looked but I was wondering if it could go father because I didnt feel what I was expecting to feel. Finally he sent me a picture of him with facial hair and I was hooked. I never liked it before, but when I seen him with it, it WORKED for me. I tell him all the time, if he shaves it off, Im outta here...lol.. But we have been together for 11 years now and I LOVE him...
    But honestly.. There has to be something!
    ohiomommy77

Answer by ohiomommy77 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I met my boyfriend online as well and we talked on the phone and all that for 4 months before meeting and we exhanged pics right away... I was a very picky person at the time and only dated a "certain" looking kind of guy and when he sent the pic it looked great to me just what I would look for.... Well we decided to meet and when I picked him up at the airport he looked nothing like his pic at all!!! well a little but alot different!! Anyway it didnt matter to me a bit cause I was already so hooked that I was keeping him regaurdless.... and of corse now after four years together he is the hottest babe out there in my book!! good luck hope this helps
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Nothing at all? Yes, I think looks matter to a degree. There has to be SOMETHING about them that you are attracted to wheather it be there eyes or their body or they way they do their hair. But a lot of times you learn to like traits about them when you get a closer look. So maybe go on a second date and really focus on his characteristics and find something you like.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wouldn't go by a first meeting. There are so many other things at play, like nerves and self-consciousness, that can get in the way. You are the only one who can decide if looks matter for you. Remember that, while for so many years looks were what attracted us to a person and played a significant role in our meeting others, now and in the past that is not always the case. In the time of arranged marriages, women married men that they initially had no physical attraction to, but oftentimes, they grew attracted to them as their affection for them grew. This still happens today in some countries as well.
    Don't walk away just yet. Attraction is important, but it isn't always instantaneous.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2008