Does anyone have any good smoothie drink recipes?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I keep a variety of fruit in the freezer (hulled strawberries, blueberries, peeled & chunked kiwi/mango/banana/peach, other berries, whatever is in season & cheap I buy & freeze) and also fresh. When it's time to make a smoothie, I fill the blender with a variety of fruits, plus a handful of baby carrots, an avocado, a handful of spinach. There are more things you can use too that I've never tried. I just throw in what the kids want, add a little 100% juice (orange, apple, grape, whatever) and blend. I add no dairy, nothing else - just the fruits & veggies. My kids go nuts for it. I add no sweeteners of any kind.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• man I just throw stuff together and make all different kinds based on what we have fruit wise, juice wise and yogurt wise.We make them alot!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I Love making smoothies. A new one My sis and I descovered is a blend of grapefruit(can peeled peices) and low fat yogurt or frozen yogurt with a lil bit of honey. sorry dont know the exact measurements. Im sure you can add according to taste but this smoothy is really good and not to strong and healthy!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Two or three scoops of raspberry sherbert, a banana, a handful of raspberries, four or five strawberries, and two ice cubes, with whipped cream on top. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Frozen fruit, wheat germ, flax seed, greek yogurt, banana, milk
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 3:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2010