ok so my poor boyfriend knows quite literally NOTHING about pregnancy! he knows about morning sickness-he knows nothing about being tired or moody. It is frusterating that he cant sympathisize with me, he just tells me to go to bed earlier!!! ahhh!! when im moody he asks whats wrong with me? Someone please help me!! is there a great book for fathers to be that explains what im going through and why.

The ONLY thing he know is that i should be sick in the mornings, not at night like i am. im so frusterated. please help.

ram63bler

Asked by ram63bler at 4:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I just got one to add to my library called "Your Pregnancy for the father to be" written by the same authors of "Your Pregnancy Week by Week". I have only flipped through and read parts, but so far I am satisfied to recommend it, especially to someone who is a first time dad and starting out fresh. The authors are Dr. Glade Curtis and Judith Schuler. I know people will put down What to Expect, but honestly, as a birth professional, I detest that book.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My boyfriend is the same way! I made him sit at the computer and look up pregnancy symptoms and stuff like that! When we first talked about having a baby he was like so is it 6 or 12 months you carry the baby? And he is so smart! Thats the sad part!! Hes always like whats wrong with you! And omg doe sit get on my nerves when im bent over the toilet puking and he like.. did you eat something bad? But he rubs my tummy and says daddy loves you so i dont care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• The hubby liked "She's having a baby, I'm having a breakdown"...thought it was funny, and he knew alot more of what was going on afterwards.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Belly Laughs was a really easy fast read and was hilarious! It goes into every detail (things he may not want to know) but I definitely recommend it! He may find it more amusing than a more technical book.
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 9:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think now after being with my hubby for 15 years have come to learn. That a man feels they need to protect there wifes. Keep them healthy and happy in all ways. I think it is in there dna lol. If the wife is sick or unhappy in any way I think the man feels useless. I think they feel its their job and duty. They become confused on what to do because they take it personal. Your hubby will learn. Just use comunication and patients and he will :)
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 9:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! HUGE HELP!! =.)
    ram63bler

Answer by ram63bler at 9:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008