Why do husbands have to yell and make you feel like dirt?

That's how I feel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• aw ask him! Mine doesn't yell but when he is in his moods he makes small things seem like huge things. He also turns things around! MEN!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• They dont have to and they shouldnt. I would definantly be confronting him about this if this is really how you feel, no one should make you feel like dirt, especially the man that is supposed to love you.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My husband has never yelled at me or made me feel like dirt, he has more respect for me than to do something like that!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I've been trying to figure that out myself. I'm sorry hun, I hope things get better for you. Try talking to him about it and work on communication. Not being able to communicate properly can lead to fighting and yelling like that. If you can find it somewhere, like the library, try picking up a copy of "Love Dare" (I think that's what it's called) or Dr. Phil's book "Relationship Rescue." If couple's therapy is an option, that may be helpful, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mine has never done that,may be they just want to make us feel deplorable just to cover up some of their complexes as they must be fully aware somewhere inside that we can certainly manage things better than them in every field without them
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mine doesn't yell, but gets pretty loud at time! I swear they have mood swings or times of the month!!! lol
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• LOL yeah I swear men have that time of the month just try telling him how you feel. Hopefully it helps
    Kiwizig

Answer by Kiwizig at 1:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• mine cussed me out the other day....he gets all snippy....
    lilpunkymom

Answer by lilpunkymom at 6:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Husbands aren't supposed to yell and treat you like dirt. (Neither are wives ....) Have you talked to him about how he makes you feel? Have you asked him why he's treating you like that? It's emotional abuse, no one should be treated that way.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Because they can. Because somewhere in your relationship you communicated to him that it's ok. My hubby thought that I was his employee in the beginning and believe me, he wasn't a very nice boss. (In his defence, it's the only way he knew how to communicate with a woman - his father was a real assclown). I eventually realised that if I don't set boundaries, he was going to run me into the ground and destroy my spirit - the very reason why he married me in the first place. I slowly started teaching him what was appropriate and what wasn't. Insults, degrading jokes, possession, aggression etc was a dealbreaker. I showed him that I would'nt tolerate being disrespected. (With the help of my family I've cleaned the house out, leaving him with not even a teaspoon). I know it was a ballsy move but I decided if he wasn't going to respect me, he doesn't deserve a spot in our lives. We were gone for a month - he got the picture.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010