marriage

did anyones marriage get bad after having a baby?

christina10140

Asked by christina10140 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• It can get bad and stressful...but when you work through it is when you realize just how much closer you are! What is the problem specifically maybe we can give better suggestions!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 1:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• we fight alot, like its an act if congress to get him to change diapers, feeed her etc....tonight we fought and hrpinch the crap outta my arm after he forcefully grabbed it.
    christina10140

Comment by christina10140 (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We had some different issues to deal with but I would not say bad.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:47 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No not bad, but I think of course it can be more challenging, because everything becomes about the baby and that can take over and the marriage doesnt get the attention it needs, I think couples have to work harder to make time for eachother once a child comes along.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Our marriage did take a lot of strain with our new addition. Lack of sleep makes both of us very edgy. We also had huge blow-ups when it came to nappy changes, feeding... caring for her in general. Throw in some controlling, inconsiderate inlaws and you have a recipe for disaster. For us it's only getting better now (6months down the line). He had trouble caring for something that didn't give anything back. She's sleeping better now and she recognises, smiles and coos at him - he loves that. Note I said it's Getting Better, we're a long way from where we used to be. Sometimes I consider raising her on my own. The best advice I can give you is to just stick it out. It does get better. It's a huge adjustment for both of you. The payoff is awesome. I sometimes watch him with her now and my heart just melts. He's slowly easing into the "daddy-role" that I hoped for. Don't give up and Good luck.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• nope...actually it got better
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010