False positive?PLEASE HELP

So I have heard about false positives with blue dye. I took seven of walgreens one step and within the two minutes there was a faint + after three minutes I just put them away so I wouldn't look again so after two days and seven pos I went and got a pink dye frer and it was neg what do you think? Do you think I could have seven false pos in two days or what? I'm freakin out

Kiwizig

Asked by Kiwizig at 1:48 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it's incredibly incredibly rare to get a false positive. False negatives are common, but if you took seven tests that were all positive, I'd be making a doctor's appointment! GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I know you are probably frustrated, but relax honey. Most at home tests are not sensitive enough to pick up the hormone needed to yield a positive result. Equate or First Response tests are more sensitive in that less of the hormone is needed. Also, some women just produce less of the hormone and it may take longer into the pregnancy for it to yield positive. If you still think you are pregnant but getting a negative test, you should talk to your doctor. A simple blood test can be done and give you your answer. Good luck and Baby dust =]
    love2shop_10

Answer by love2shop_10 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i made an appointment but i have to wit till the 25th :(
    Kiwizig

Comment by Kiwizig (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• With all 3 of my pegnancies, I had a faint second line. Relax, wait til ur Dr appt or do a walkin at the health dept. Or planned parenthood.
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 7:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• one false positive maybe, but not seven unless the tests were past their expiration date. And you probably diluted out the hormone by the time you got to the pink test. I'd just wait until the appointment, but I think congrats are in order as well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Blue dye tests are known for evaporation lines, and yes, they can come up with in a few minutes of you taking the test. Most of us who have been TTC for awhile now only use pink dye tests. I hope you get an answer soon.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 3:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You need to get your blood taken. Thats the only way your going to find out for sure. Before I knew I was pregnant I took 2 HPT and they came back positive after 2 weeks on conceving and the nahd a blood test taken a week later and it was negative. Still didnt get my period, I waited 2 more weeks basically I waited a month past my period date and had another blood test and it was positive.
    Do you have any symptoms? Is your period late?
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yeah I basically got it all except the morning sickness and yeah i'm late if I were to really be of I would be around seven weeks
    Kiwizig

Comment by Kiwizig (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2010