sitting in bed at 12:50am on the laptop while hes on the couch.

I used to pride myself on being amazing at making my man want me day and night. I was really good at it...But 2 kids later, here I am. Whinning on CM about him sleeping on the couch...I dont really know what else to do. I have tried everything. When should I stop caring and just let him act like a roomie/dad? I feel like I chase him around. And Im an insanly independent girl! :( advice? encouragment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• How long have you been together?? Maybe your just in a bit of a rut, become a little complacent...you prob just need to spice up your time together a bit, set aside some time for the two of you without the kids, date nights etc....I know my husband and I have to do better in this aspect also, sometimes day to day life takes a hold and we go with it and dont put the time in we should to our relationships.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It may just be a phase. I am actually the one that has been through that phase where I would fall asleep on the couch. I didn't realize that it hurt my hubby's feelings until he make a snide comment about it one day, then after a night of protest because of the comment I started turning off the tv and going to bed with him to insure I didn't fall asleep on the couch! At the time I was also on meds that hamper my special feeling a lot too though so I didn't notice the absence in it! I know the word was corny but I didnt want to offend anyone with a stronger one! Try talking to him about it...he may not even realize what he is doing to you! It could be stressed related too..if his job is very demanding physically or mentally it can really wear him down to the point he isn't missing the special time and it have nothing to do with you just that he is that exhausted!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Bad night huh? I used to sleep on the couch and give my dh the bed....Cm can be a God send on nights like these, you are never alone where you have cm friends. I am not in a relationship right now, but I remember this and how it felt. Try to get some well deserved rest tonight hon, things will look different tomorrow in the light of day. They always do. As for tonight,,,hang out with your computer and your cm gals and let him do his thing. You need to go to sleep and stop analizing this tonight, there I said it,,,GO TO SLEEP,,,I am your sleep fairy...nothing is going to change this late tonight,,,,tomorrow is a new day...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• wow mommy it seems we r in the same boat,the only difference is I just had a little boy.Even i think that may be its just a phase but its too long as its not coming to an end
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Don't be chasing him around slack off some and when he thinks that you have no interest he might just be coming back if he thinks you're not interested in him anymore. Just a thought are you sure he's not cheating? I would just go about mybusiness not letting it bother me and act like you don't care either see what happenes men don'tlike to be ignored they want chased. Get some rest and hopefully things will fall into place
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Relationships do sometimes fall in a "rut" and sometimes, it's easier to let them sleep on the couch..than to try to "fix" whatever problem there may be. It is hard to deal with, especially when you're used to them "wanting" you all the time, and then it seems that they want anything but. Feelings get hurt, and men aren't much for "talking" to solve the issues at hand. I experience this as well, and I hope that you are able to get back into the swing of things soon, relationships are never easy!! Good luck!
    blueeyedbabyz

Answer by blueeyedbabyz at 9:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010