what do you think ofthe new health care bill?

nessamarie

Asked by nessamarie at 1:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hate it..hope it is repealed/unfunded.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't think it really matters anymore what anyone thinks about it. Democrats passed it against the people's wishes and the Republicans will take the next opportunity to put what they want in it. The people are and were irrelevant in the writings and passing of the bill.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm pretty sure I've read more of it than most of the people who voted 'yes' for it. And I find it a very repressive, expensive, limiting, controlling package that, if allowed to be fully implemented, will do much more harm than good and will cost much more than we were told it would. We are already seeing the negatives of this package. More doctors are refusing Medicaid patients. Insurance premiums are increasing. Even the CBO has said that the costs we were told were under-estimated.

Changes to health care insurance needed to be made. This was not the way to do it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It sucks........
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's a BAD deal for everyone. Private insurance costs are going to go up, and those with "Obamacare" are going to be limited in their treatment options. This bill is basically socialized medicine. What should have happened is privatization of Medicare/Medicaid, and an overhaul of insurance companies regulation.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I feel the negatives of this bill far outweigh the postives.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i agree with everyone. ^^ plus, the old 'i don't want gov't controlling my life' rant works, as well.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it's a start. Something needed to be done. There are a lot of good things in this bill. If they repeal it that doesn't help anyone. Thousand of children and adults with pre existing conditions will be covered. There are many more good things if people would read all of it. Most of them don't start until 2014, and that's when we will no the true affect of this and how it would control cost. They want to start over with no real ideas on how to get everyone covered ,or on how to pay for it. It will be a big waste of time for congress to do this when we have all of our other problems. This will also help the economy the CBO report says this will reduce our deficit in the long run.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It should be thrown out. The middle class once again is getting stuck with the bill. If your company pays a portion of you insurance you now have to claim it on taxes as income and that could put some people in a higher tax bracket which will generate even more tax money for the government. It is another scam from our government.
    rllns

Answer by rllns at 9:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• To the point...it's costing me more money. Our health insurance rates went up again!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2010