Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair color issue

I need help. About two weeks ago I had some highlights done . I had dark red and decided to go blonde highlights and it turned blonde with like orange and red highlights it looks horibble. What can I do? I wish I can get it all like blonde or very light brown. What color should I dye it? I'm doing it on my own. Any suggestions?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

Answers (5)
  • i would wait other three months before you color again your hair goes dry,but next color should be a dark brown , then high light it.
    good luck

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • go to your local beauty supply (make sure it a good one with staff that knows what they are talking about )and by a ph balancing/ corecting conditioner or serum i would use this at least three times before trying to dye your hair again

    also avoid the pre packaged dyes thier crap
    good luck

    Answer by liadotwtd at 3:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Do you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you? They may be able to help you find the right product. Going blond with red hair is really hard to do, I would try a very light brown and go from there. Remember that your hair is going to be very porous because of the recent color, so it will absorb color quicker (and maybe a little uneven). Good luck!

    Answer by Scuba at 7:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Got to your salon and ask for a color-correctional. They will lift out the orange color, deposit a natural blonde or light brown, and then most likely will use a toner to keep the color nice and natural and tone out any remaining brassiness. I've been through this myself girl, I feel your pain! Also make sure to condition, condition, condition because all this coloring can be super drying and damaging to your hair. Good luck!

    Answer by SDMama77 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • If you had them professionally done. I would go back to whoever did it and ask them to fix your hair.

    Answer by sstepph at 6:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.